Bolognese with white wine
1/4 cup olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1 pound ground beef
1 cup dry white wine
1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
1 small can of diced tomatoes with juice or (1 home-canned
jar of tomatoes with juice (as seen in photo)
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
1 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese, grated (set
aside for the topping)
*1 box (16 oz.) rotini pasta (or pasta of choice)
prepare pasta according to package directions and set
aside to be added to the sauce when done
1. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat
2. Add onions and garlic; saute until tender (about 8 minutes)
3. Add ground beef; saute until the meat is no longer pink
(breaking up any large clumps). This will take about 10 minutes.
4. Lower heat to a simmer and add the white wine. Simmer
until the wine has evaporated.
5. Add the crushed and diced tomatoes. Stir to mix.
6. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat until sauce thickens
(About 30 minutes)
7. After sauce has thicken add the cooked pasta and mix together.
Goat's milk yogurt cheese with Pecorino Romano
**this should be made way ahead of timeIngredients:
yogurt cheese maker
2 cups of yogurt
1. Place 2 cups of the goat's milk yogurt into the wire basket
of the cheese maker
2. Place lid on top and place in the refrigerator for 8 hours
3. Yogurt cheese is ready with the whey has drained and
the yogurt is the consistency of sour cream.
**this should be made way ahead of time
1. To the yogurt cheese add 1/3 cup grated Pecorino
2. Mix together. Set aside until the assembly of the layers.
Assembly of the Ingredients
(Preheat over to 350 degrees)
1. You will need 4 mini lasagna dishes.
2. First place 2 spoon fulls of the meat sauce in each dish
and spread to cover the bottom of the dish
3. Add 2 spoon fulls of the yogurt cheese mixture on top of the
layer of meat sauce; spread this around on the top of meat sauce
as best you can
4. Next add another layer of meat sauce to each dish
5. Take the 1 cup of Pecorino Romano and sprinkle a generous
amount on top of each individual dish
6. place each individual dish on a tray (it might bubble over
in the oven) and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or
I hope you enjoy this little twist of traditional lasagna
Enjoy the Weekend